- New pConXS III baseboard with numerous interfaces and expansion options
- Low integration effort for new projects
- Very good application possibilities for customer-specific developments
Processor module specialist Keith & Koep, part of the Garz & Fricke Group since the beginning of 2020, is expanding its portfolio of SOM baseboards with the new pConXS III. This product supports, depending on the model, all functionalities and interfaces of the Trizeps SOMs (System On Modules). It can be integrated directly into a project or used as a starting point for customer-specific developments. Since all important and critical components are located on the Trizeps SOMs, individual adaptations of the interfaces are possible with comparably little effort.
The pConXS III Baseboard is a further development of the pConXS and has been optimized for the Trizeps VIII SOM product line. This multifunctional and compact baseboard also supports the complete functionality of the Trizeps VII and Trizeps VIII Nano/Mini/Plus SOMs. It features the latest high-speed interfaces (such as Gbit Ethernet, USB 3.0, PCIe Express), which achieve high data throughput for data-intensive applications, as well as digital and analog camera connections. i-MOD connections enable simple and cost-effective integration of additional interfaces. Various TFT touch displays can be connected via HDMI, LVDS, RGB display interfaces. Additionally, the display interface standard of the sister company Garz & Fricke (Dual-LVDS) has been integrated on the pConXS III, so that almost all displays of Garz & Fricke can be connected directly. This means that Keith & Koep SOM solutions will be available for Garz & Fricke HMIs in the future.
The Keith & Koep SODIMM 200 standard is the longest existing SODIMM SOM standard worldwide. Of course, the new pConXS III baseboard is also based on this standard. This ensures a high degree of pin compatibility between the Trizeps modules, so that the baseboard can be used with both current and future Trizeps SOMs. For example, the pConXS III has already been optimized for the latest Trizeps SOM generation, the Trizeps VIII Plus. The advantages of this technology are the easy upgradeability to current processors. Customers whose hardware needs to be designed as unchanged as possible over a long period of time, yet still needs to be technologically up to date, benefit from SOM technology. Many customers in the medical sector in particular have this requirement profile.
The pConXS III is used in applications where the Trizeps series SOMs can be used, such as automation, robotics, automotive, aerospace, medical and retail. The baseboard is available for Android, Linux and Windows 10 IoT operating systems. Individual baseboards are available immediately, larger quantities can be ordered by arrangement from April 2021.
Technical features of the pConXS III:
- Display interfaces: LVDS (KuK Modis Standard), Dual-LVDS, 18 Bit parallel RGB, HDMI (with Trizeps VII, Trizeps VIII, Trizeps VIII Plus), capacitive touch, resistive touch
- Interfaces (depending on Trizeps module): RJ45 Gbit Ethernet, USB3.0 host, USB 3.0 OTG, SD card socket, RS232 D-Sub 9, real-time clock with backup cap or battery, LED, 3-axis 12-bit/8-bit digital accelerometer, 3.5mm stereo audio headphone jack, digital temperature sensor, nano SIM card holder, powerfail detection, MIPI camera camera connector, analog BNC / mini BNC PAL camera connector, mini PCIe half/full size card socket
- Wireless Communication: Via Trizeps VII: Onboard Wi-Fi Bluetooth module, IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/e/i/h/d/k/r/w, +18 dBm, 72 Mbps (20 MHz) to 150 Mbps (40 MHz), Bluetooth® 3.0+ DER Via Trizeps VIII and Trizeps VIII Mini/Plus: Onboard Wi-Fi Bluetooth® Module Wi-Fi 2.4GHz/5Ghz, 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2x2 MU-MIMO / Bluetooth 5.0
- Expansion interfaces (depending on the Trizeps module): i-MOD FFC connector: USB, I2C, UART, CAN, resistive touch SL2-40: Power, GPIOs (1x with PWM), SPDIF (In and Out), Stereo Headphone (16R and 32R), Speaker (Mono, 8R), LineIn, Microphone, 2 x UARTs, 2x CAN, SDIO, I2C, 3 x ADCs
- System Software: Windows 10 IoT, Linux Debian or Yocto, Android
- Power supply: +12V to +24V (industrial use)
- Operating temperature: -20°C to 85°C
- Dimensions: 133.0 x 93.5 x 25.0 mm (W x H x D)